cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old cable trip hazard cable in my front garden needs removed before accident

Jane_Cole
Joining in

Hi, There is an old Virgin Media exposed cable running across my front garden which is presenting a trip hazard across my garden path and a problem over flower beds for digging. I can provide photos. Additionally, the wires are exposed in a broken box attached to the front of my house which is also a hazard for my children. I am having difficultly speaking to the correct person via phone and would very much appreciate some assistance in arranging for this to be removed back to the street before an accident occurs. Many thanks,

Jane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Jane_Cole and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the trip hazard, let's get this sorted out for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Jane_Cole and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the trip hazard, let's get this sorted out for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Lhh26
Joining in

Hi! 

I have this exact same issue. Unburied cable across garden path, exposed wiring near box on wall, tripping hazard... 

@ forum mod are you able to help me as well please? 🙏 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lhh26, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have some exposed wiring/cables at your property. We would be very happy to help get this resolved. 

To do this, I will just need to grab some details via private message and we can go from there. I will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Thanks 

Nat

I am just replacing front lawn and removing a bush. This has exposed 2 cables, I need to bury one and remove the other but do not know which is which ? Help please, the landscape gardener is currently working on the project

Theses cables were never buried properly, they were just laid under the bush. Exposed when bush removed, Photo available, too big for this message.

Tried support line, no surprise could not get through and/or got cut off.

Hi there @Colinntl, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have not been able to get any assistance with having these cables reburied. I will certainly help you with getting the rebury arranged.

I will send you a PM so I can confirm your details to get this arranged.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @Colinntl, just to update the public thread a tech has been booked to sort the cable.

Please let us know how this goes, if you need anything further we'll be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Apologies for ;ate response. All sorted than you