Menu
tippunmon
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Old Router

Clearing out loft, found old router from last upgrade and conscious this belongs to Virgin Media wanted to ask whether they want it back or can I dispose of it? Unfortunately the "Contact"  section of the website seems very badly engineered as I could not find any point of contact appropriate to ask the question. 20210511_124011.jpg

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Router

@tippunmon wrote:

Clearing out loft, found old router from last upgrade and conscious this belongs to Virgin Media wanted to ask whether they want it back or can I dispose of it? Unfortunately the "Contact"  section of the website seems very badly engineered as I could not find any point of contact appropriate to ask the question. 

If they do tell you to dispose of it, make sure you have this in writing.   If you wait here a Mod should reply within a couple of days and advise accordingly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tippunmon
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Currently the Shub2ac is back on the wanted list!
I myself have one in my corner awaiting a return mailing label.
0 Kudos
tippunmon
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

As its been in the loft sometime and since before the new "we want it back" policy was introduced - VM will have assumed you recycled it as per their previous policy.

Just put it back in the loft and forget about it unless a VM person on here, arranges to have it collected from you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
As its been in the loft sometime and since before the new "we want it back" policy was introduced - VM will have assumed you recycled it as per their previous policy.

Just put it back in the loft and forget about it unless a VM person on here, arranges to have it collected from you

IMO, this is very wise advice from @jbrennand.

Given that the VM returns process seems to be rather shambolic, based on many of the posts on here, can't help but think it would be best to leave well alone. The OP may just end up creating a returns nightmare for himself, which he doesn't have at present!

Timwilky
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Makes a free access point for extending your WiFi.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky
0 Kudos
tippunmon
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Only use WiFi in same room as router usually. Preferred to wire upstairs up to the LAN, so not needed but thanks for your suggestion 

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Received return packaging for the SH2ac this morning, just awaiting packaging for the pod I was trialing!