Menu
jonobatten
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old Cable into new home

Hi,

Moving into a new home and note that the virgin connection into the house is a really old loose / not wall mounted box? Will this work ok when my installation goes live on Saturday or does it need to be upgraded to the normal wall mounted type?

IMG_5518.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Cable into new home

Hello jonobatten

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your upcoming Virgin Media installation, we're really pleased to have you with us and welcome to the community.

During the installation, the engineer will make all and any changes required to ensure you receive the best service and experience possible. Please keep us up to date with how the visit and installation goes.

Rob

0 Kudos
jonobatten
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

According to the move home team an engineer is not attending, I simply plug in my old gear and call to activate. 
I must admit, I would much prefer a tidy plug on the wall like previous houses with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Brava210
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384000743145?hash=item59683a56e9:g:FL4AAOSwutRgQbN7 

Virgin 350 Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jonobatten,

Hope you had a nice weekend!

Sorry that we weren't able to get back to you sooner. Have you now received your kit and if so are you all set up and online?

Let us know if you have any issues at all and we'll be happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
jonobatten
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

I am connected (though there are currently issues in my area so it keeps dropping out) with the supplied cabling. It appears I need to purchase and install my own plate to tidy up the hole in the wall with the loose box as noted by the previous user. If you feel like posting me one I won't complain.

Best.

J

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi J,

Thanks for your reply. 

I'm glad to hear you were able to get connected although I am sorry to hear that there's currently an ongoing outage in your area. I've been able to check for you and can see it's a planned outage due to some ongoing maintenance work in the area. The good news is that it's estimated to be completed by 6pm today.

I'm afraid we aren't actually able to send these out, however if you'd like I can book you in with an engineer visit so one can be installed for you?

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
jonobatten
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the offer, I will leave it for now as I have put furniture in front of the cable and it seems wasteful to have an engineer attend to install a plastic cover. My initial concern was that the cabling/box seemed old or outdated - this is not the case and my service (outages aside) seem fine.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No problem jonobatten.

If you do change your mind just let us know and we'll be happy to book an appointment in for you.

If you need help with anything else please don't hesitate to let us know from here.

Kind regards,

Beth