Menu
derpinator
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OMNIBOX coaxial switch on

Hi All,

We have an omnibox outside with 2 coaxial cables one strait into the building and one line going to the upstairs room.

I had an engineer last year out to fix a cable issue (great chap) at the time the hub was upstairs, he said he disabled the connection downstairs so we would get a better signal.

We are now needing to activate the downstairs one as the hub will be moving there ( no longer needing it upstairs) 

What's the best way to get the cable re-activated for downstairs?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: OMNIBOX coaxial switch on

All the tech will have done is remove the splitter in the omnibox & replaced it with a straight coupler onto the feed you still needed. You can fix this yourself IF you have the correct size spanner, simply by de-coupling the feed you are no longer using & coupling up to the other.

If you find you have the equipment to do this, it is important not to over-tighten the couplings. Just do them up tight enough that they would be difficult but not impossible to undo again by hand.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello @derpinator.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the wait in response and the issue you are having.

I can see you have been given advice to follow, please can you tell me if you have tried this?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
derpinator
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi There,

Yes i've managed to get it connected again! was worried but seems fine so far! thanks @nodrogd
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perfect @derpinator.

Thank you for your help @nodrogd.

I am glad to see that it is working fo you now.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos