Menu
Dazzlervv
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not activated yet...

Hi, I phoned the helpline around 4pm as the hub was flashing green instead of a solid white, spoke to a guy who couldn’t activate it the box on the wall for me, Tried to book an engineer for Saturday and couldn’t do that either, said he’d get a manager to call back in a couple of hours With an appointment time and still absolutely nothing. My partner needs the internet as she’s working from home and now we’re kinda stuck in limbo!! Most annoyed. Currently wishing we’d not bothered with Virgin in the new house when the help hasn’t been great! 

suggestions? 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not activated yet...

Try the Hub Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time is 08:00

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Dazzlervv
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That’s the number I called... and they were meant to phone back!!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Dazzlervv wrote:

That’s the number I called... and they were meant to phone back!!

There are hundreds of posts on here complaining about not getting the call back they were promised.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They won't call you back, that's the activation number you simply give your account number area code and the serial number of the box, its then either activated or not.
0 Kudos
Dazzlervv
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It wouldn’t activate! I’ve done everything right my end pal, the guy I spoke to a guy he said he’d get someone to call back with an engineer time... they didn’t call back! So basically the customer service is **bleep** poor, I’ve been left with no working internet so my missus now can’t work due to virgin being incompetent. I was warned about going with the company, should’ve listened haha

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You need to ring back on the usual number and request an engineer then, so you don't have a socket and they'll send one out for sometime next week. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Dazzlervv,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been struggling with the connection of the services.

I believe we've been able to book a technician to visit your property to rectify this, do please come back to us and let us all know when this is resolved

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Dazzlervv
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s all sorted now. It’s been a busy week but got sorted Monday. The engineer was really nice and apologies for being grouchy haha the house move has been very stressful.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that this has all been sorted for you Dazzlervv but sorry that it took so long to get it resolved though. Please get in touch with us if you have any further issues with your services.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos