Menu
Darkened0sky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not Happy With Engineer Work

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can help here?

We had an engineer come out to look at our TV service as we were getting a lot of interference on some channels to the point that some of them were not watchable.

The engineer checked all the connections internally and externally and could not seem to locate the issue. They did not replace the TiVo box, as we had a new V6 coming from an upgrade on the 16th December (or so we thought, that has yet to be delivered and we are now being told that they cannot provide a delivery date) however he did replace the internal cable which seemed to work for a bit, but we still have the issue (which is why we now are sure it is the box, hence the upgrade).

When I had a look at the cable, the box had been left as you can see in the picture below:

20201216_163114.jpg

Is there anyway the engineer could be sent back out to rectify this and fit it properly, as we are not happy with how the cable has been left exposed in such a manner.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not Happy With Engineer Work

That's work from a really lazy contractor in a rush to his next customer/commission. You should not have signed the paperwork.

They should have fitted a have fitted a new box and look like this.

.socket.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Darkened0sky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I didn't get given any paperwork to sign.

If I did, I would not have signed off on the work.

Is there a member of the Forum team that can offer some assistance and perhaps arrange for another engineer to come out and complete the work correctly please?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear of the installation issue, we'll pop you over a private message to pass security and escalate this to the area field manager to come out and rectify.

Thanks, Emily.

Darkened0sky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G Thank you

I have responded to your PM.

Kind regards

0 Kudos