Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 21 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Northwest Leeds, problems for months, considering cancelling

Yes. So far. After 15 days of no service at all and a month of daily outages. But as Rachael said the local area fault should not have resulted in a total loss of service. But Rachae was the first person in two weeks and 5 calls to 150 to even ask what lights we had on the router.

so credit where credit is due. I’ll assume either she fixed the fault or it fixed itself, or probably the connection needed a reboot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 22 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@keithmwhite wrote:

so credit where credit is due. I’ll assume either she fixed the fault or it fixed itself, or probably the connection needed a reboot.

it will have been one of the latter two.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 23 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

"I can understand that you don't want to divulge the location of your engineers, because these are people with vans full of expensive tools."

With respect to the people concerned they're technicians not engineers (mostly doing a great job despite their employer's efforts to the contrary), and a single hammer, chewing gum, and a burred screwdriver aren't expensive.  I'll believe VM techs use more advanced tools when I see the evidence.

"engineer" is not a protected job title in the UK so Virgin can call them whatever they want.
and i'm pretty sure virgin don't really care what you believe. i think the topic of what believe got pushed off the agenda of the last board meeting at the last minute, maybe next month though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 24 of 32
Flag for a moderator

chenks: "i think the topic of what believe got pushed off the agenda of the last board meeting at the last minute, maybe next month though."

I was easily in the running for "Off-topic response of the month", but now you've pushed me out of contention.  But anyway, thank you for your valued contribution.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 25 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi There.

The Service wasn’t back for long. Came back up last night about 8:45pm and was still working this morning when I left for work. But now down again and has been since 5pm latest when people got home from work. Green Hub light again with flashing green internet word on router. 

Service status says no problems with the service and running a service test from the service status page gets to about 40% the. Jumps to complete finding no problems. Rebooting the router makes no difference. 

Back on hold for the faults department on 150...

still the same hold music.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Let us know if you managed to get through to our Calls Team @keithmwhite.

Regards,

Lisa_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 27 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

no. 25 mins on hold and then the connection came back up by itself.

after 15 days with no service at all it seems we are back to the intermittent service of June where the connection goes down for a few hours a day.

currently we have service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you didn't manage to get through.

Although your service is now back up, I'm going to send you a Private Message because you have been experiencing ongoing intermittent broadband issues.

Please reply back to it so I can take a look.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 29 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Can't help but notice there have been about 8-9 disconnects the last 2 days... They are short, but they are intrusive if they happen at the wrong time.

Is it still being treated as ongoing work?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having constant issues with your connection.

Have you managed to check the service status here to see if there are any known issues.

If there isn't any issues showing on our outage checker for your area there may be an issue with your individual connection. You can contact our faults team on 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 3.

I understand you are also upset as the price increase has come at a time where you are having these issues, the increase allows Virgin Media to continue to offer our free service and repair process for our customers. If you should ever have a fault with your service that our faults team are unable to resolve over the phone, we will send an engineer free of charge. If we need to replace your equipment, this will be done free of charge as well.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Kudos