Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Northwest Leeds, problems for months, considering cancelling

We have also experienced the ongoing problems for nearly 2 months and have been without broadband altogether since 30th June. First I was told it would be fixed on 9th July, then on the 9th I was told the fix would be on the 15th July. It is now the 15th July I have been told the fix will be on the 23rd July. I was then told to phone 0800 561 0061 for a proper update. This got me to a record message line that told me nothing and then hung up on me.

Now I’m back in a hold queue again for the faults department. 30 minutes on hold for rubbish customer service to be back on hold with dreadful music on repeat again and again.

All promises from customer service are worthless and the ETAs given are basically false and complete nonsense.

I have made complaints but nothing happens and noone phones you back even when they promise to.

i will be complaining to OFCOM about the total disrespect of customers and the false information being given by customer service.

unless of course someone can actually tell me truthfully why I have no service, how much my compensation will be, and when accurately my service will be restored.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 12 of 32
Flag for a moderator

you can't complain to ofcom as they don't take individual complaints - common misconceoption that ofcom are the "go to" people, they aren't.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi keithmwhite,

I'm really sorry that you've also been affected by intermittent area issues. I can see that there's a fault raised in your area under reference F007187617 for low SNR. Due to the complex and developing nature of certain faults, it can occasionally be necessary to amend estimated fix times. We will always endeavour to provide the most up to date information from our team on-site.

This fault was logged on 13th June, but certainly shouldn't have caused a total loss of service. Could you please confirm what the lights on the front of your hub are doing? Does this change at all?

Our local team have attended the cabinet and made changes to improve the stability of the connection. Since this, they have identified problems further up the network that require more in-depth investigation and complex work to resolve. I can assure you that full functionality will be restored as swiftly as possible.

I have reached out to the case handler for the complaint you've raised recently, to request that they reach out to you to discuss the issue further. @chenks is correct in that you would have to follow our code of practice before taking the case for independent adjudication.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Rachael_F:

the lights are the same as they have been since the fault started. Green Internet word flashing, Hub light steady green.

BTW. You are the first person in two weeks to ask this. Your fault department never has. I agree the low signal fault shouldn’t take out Fibre 200... but something has, and no one seems interested in fixing it.

As for the complaints process. I have been following it, but no one in customer service has responded to the complaint I raised over a week ago. Tonight we were accused of having an unpaid bill, despite the direct debit being paid on time and my, My Account page showing we are fully paid up to date until 28th July...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 15 of 32
Flag for a moderator

with regards to ofcom - clarification that you can't and shouldn't contact them - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/service-problems
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Rachael_F:

I don’t know if you have done anything. But since I replied to your enquiry about what lights were on our router we have now come back on. So if this is your doing, thank you. I’m genuinely grateful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough. Point taken.

Equally, service providers should follow their code of practice. Which in this instance Virgin Media have not. 

Section 3 of the code of practice sets out how they should make contact. It doesn’t say they can promise to make contact and then not do so. Nor has anyone asked me my preferred contact method, or what times would be suitable. 

I have been promised a call back within 4 hours. But 9 days later I am still waiting for that call. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 18 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@keithmwhite wrote:

I have been promised a call back within 4 hours. But 9 days later I am still waiting for that call. 

no-one ever, EVER, get a call back.
it's a method employed to get you off the phone.

i've yet to come across any ISP that has ever called anyone back.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hey Keithmwhite,

There may have been a fault in your local area that has now been resolved. Rachael left around an hour and 20 mins ago, I don't know if she did something before she left that may have fixed your connection 

Is your connection now working as it should be?

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 20 of 32
Flag for a moderator

"I can understand that you don't want to divulge the location of your engineers, because these are people with vans full of expensive tools."

With respect to the people concerned they're technicians not engineers (mostly doing a great job despite their employer's efforts to the contrary), and a single hammer, chewing gum, and a burred screwdriver aren't expensive.  I'll believe VM techs use more advanced tools when I see the evidence.

0 Kudos