Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nobody turned up

I had a pre installation visit over a week ago and was told they could not find the BT line going to my house which they use to feed their cable through (I don't understand how the installation process works), and was told a new one would need to be installed and this was scheduled for 22nd August, however nobody turned up, no call/email/text at all explaining this. I called customer services to be told it had been rescheduled for 24th August so again i waited in all day and nobody arrived, and again i called customer services to be told it had once again been rescheduled for 26th August, so again waited in all day and nobody arrived again, so once again i called customer services and again told it had been rescheduled for the following day the 27th and behold once again nobody arrived. I again called customer services to be told the caballing had been rescheduled for 9th Sept but my equipment installed date was the next day 28th August, to this i questioned how can you installed my equipment before the caballing had been done outside the property, to this they rescheduled for today 27th between 1-6 and again nobody has turned up. I have already taken four days from work from teaching summer school to students behind because of the current situation to wait in for nobody to arrive, and can not take anymore time off work once school officially return in a few days, plus my current provider is turning my services off in a few days also as this was all supposed to be sorted by now.

Is the package i was sold actually going to be installed, or was this just a way to get more customers on the system without actually providing the service sold.

Every time i called customer services i was referred to a call centre outside of the UK who where absolutely awful and could provide no support, i even tried the online chat and they where even worse just transferring me to other people and them back again.

What is going on, surely this service can not be this poor? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nobody turned up

Virgin don't have anything to do with BT lines so that part is complete hog wash. 

Secondly, if you try and get customer services to bring dates forward they will most of the time say they'll do it, but they won't actually. Always check your online account to confirm that they've actually done it, but for a cable pull the date will pretty much not be brought forward and I expect the September date is the real one, but if they find any problems (such as blocked ducts) it'll be rescheduled again. 

Tip: You don't need to be in for the cable pull so don't book time off work. Secondly, don't cancel your current provider until the service is in and running and you are happy with it as the dates can constantly move until the work is actually completed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apparently they use the BT duct to feed the line to the house now, my next door has had theirs done this way.

I have to take a day off as there is nowhere on the front of the property for them to install the box and therefore i have to give them access to the side of the house.

And finally i was told by Virgin to cancel my services and ask for them to go off a couple of days after the scheduled install date, however the install date is tomorrow and they have not done the cable pull yet.

The customer service is appalling though, i explained all this over the phone and when they originally came out to do the pre install inspection and to reschedule four times with no contact via phone/email/text etc and leaving people sitting in all day is quite frankly shocking.

I would really like to make a complaint but it seem impossible to do that as the complaint system only allow complaints regarding the mobile service, and any other complaint section on the site say work is being carried out. My only other option to send an email directly to one of the managers/executive team/CEO regarding the poor service being offered. I had a look online at the reviews and it would seem their are a lot of customers receiving the same shocking level of customer service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndrewM5

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I can only apologise for this experience. Certainly not the level of service we aim to offer.

I can see you've spoke to the team since posting, they've advised you of the extra construction work needed. The complaint is also with the field team so you'll be contacted by them within 5-10 working days.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos