Menu
OllyH
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Nobody coming to install broadband, no updates, service have no idea what's happening

New customer to Virgin. Deeply disappointed in the atrocious service so far.

Ordered gig1 broadband a month ago. Engineer arrived on the 11th to install. Took one look at some graffiti at the bottom of my drive and said he couldn't install, something about the contractors not connecting us and that he'd rang them and they'd said they would be back either that day or the next to do what they told Virgin they'd done a week before. I was very patient, laughed it off and waited.

After three days I'd heard nothing from anyone. No email, text or call. Rang the virgin support line. After 1 hour and 20 minutes I'd been passed through 6 different people. Installation claimed it was a construction issue. Construction said no, that's rubbish, it's installation and pull through. Back and forth until one woman admitted nobody knew what was going on, apologised and promised me personally that an area manager was to invesitagate and if I would give them that day they would ring me on my mobile first thing the next morning. I waited all day on my day off. Nothing. All day today, nothing again. Tried to ring support again, the last thing I want to be doing after a 12 hour shift, and after 55mins on hold nobody picked up and my phone battery died.

Tried to use other methods of contact but the Virign website is terrible. It just leads you back in circles to pages asking you to sign in, but when you do sign in and then press the link to live chat or send a message the link turns out to be broken and the other options take you back to the same sign in page!

Frankly I'm fed up. I've been neglected, given poor service and blatantly lied to. This is my last attempt to find someone to actually value my business before I cancel the direct debit and find a company that actually cares about it's customers.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nobody coming to install broadband, no updates, service have no idea what's happening

Frankly I'm fed up. I've been neglected, given poor service and blatantly lied to.

You're probably trying to become a customer of the wrong company then.  Your choice is regrettably simple: Accept VM's atrocious customer service and hope that the connection is fast and reliable when it gets made, or go with whatever Openreach can offer and sign up with a small ISP that understands concepts like "communication" and "customer service".  Companies like AAISP, Aquiss, uno, IDNet, CIX, Zen Internet.  Read up some customer reviews on Trustpilot and ISPReview (and do the same on Virgin Media for comparison).

This is my last attempt to find someone to actually value my business before I cancel the direct debit and find a company that actually cares about it's customers.

Don't cancel the direct debit until you've exercised your penalty free cancellation rights that run up until 14 days after installation (and even then I'd leave it live for a month in case that's another thing that gets messed up).  If VM try and take a payment and it bounces, then even if they are in the wrong, it'll show on your credit history file as a defaulted payment for the next six years. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nobody coming to install broadband, no updates, service have no idea what's happening

Hi OllyH,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues trying to find out what is going on with the install as you haven't had any updates.

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos