Menu
Stoisha
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No wifi wrong address

Hi there i have recently moved and i have mistakenly ordered to wrong address i installed the hub 4 but no wifi its telling me registration failure is there anyway i can change my address to the corect one and is this the reason i have no wifi thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wifi wrong address

Have you tried calling in to activate the Hub?

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

Finally a VM person should respond on here when they pick it up but that can take a few days

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Stoisha
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes ive called and activated the hub on the same day i ordered still nothing i also dont have virgin media wall boxes i was told prior to moving in it was all okay i have been trying to get through to someone on the phone to solve the issue but no luck i think id be better booking an engineer but cant get through trying online just now 

Thankyou 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Call at 08.00 sharp and you should get through.

Be aware it make take a few weeks (or longer) to get you installed and up and running as you have had no previous installation. Dont cancel any BB contract with another supplier until the VM one is up and running to your satisfaction

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Stoisha

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to have this issue resolved yet by ourselves or does this still require investigating? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stoisha
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there almost an engineer is due to visit on thursday but i still need to change my flat number is there anyway for that to be taken care of today online?

thanks

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Stoisha

I'll private message you now so we can get your Flat number issue sorted, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lordoftime79
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

People like you make things hard for everybody else! Somebody had put the wrong address in for an account and it turns out it happened to be my address meaning that when we tried to take out a virgin account the system wouldnt let us! Took months to sort out! How hard is it to enter the correct address when signing up? I really do dispair.

0 Kudos