Menu
Philwill65
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No white box, virgin media socket

My house has the brown box on the outside wall and the cable. I made the mistake of going for self installation without realising that there's no virgin media socket as described in the installation guide. The cable comes into the house but has been cut. Absolutely no help from the support people. I realise now that I should have gone for installation by VM engineer. That was originally offered at £35 I think. Two days ago they said they could send someone to fix it for £99. I declined. According to my account I've already been billed £68 and yet the hub is still in its cardboard box. If I cancel now will I get my money back?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No white box, virgin media socket

the £99 is rubbish - they may charge you the £35 but thats it afaik - try the phones again or wait here for VM to pick the thread up

not 100% sure how it works with self install but [again] afaik you would get all monies back - the contract should only start when you are on line and you have 14 days to cancel from then

Tony
0 Kudos
Philwill65
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No white box, virgin media socket

Thanks. There's far more sense to your reply than the entire communications I've had with customer support over the last week. They've been useless.

0 Kudos