cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall socket

livlouxo
Joining in

Hi, I’ve just moved into a new flat (one of 6 in my building) and ordered the self set up WiFi box. It’s telling me to plug in the white cable to a wall socket but I don’t think I have one which will work. The only one I have is like this which does not fit a round plug. Except from that I can only find a plug which comes into my flat but then goes all the way up the outside wall but when I try and plug this one into the box I get green flashing lights which means it’s not working. How do I move forward? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The black cable in the first picture looks to be the correct one.  As it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

However, being a flat it may need that cable to be connected in the communal comms cupboard for the flats.  Try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday, and explain your situation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @livlouxo, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the lack of connection within the property.

If you haven't already, do please follow the helpful advice from @Adduxi in his response.

Feel free to keep us updated with how you get along.

Thanks,

David_Bn