Menu
salwood
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No wall socket

I have the quick start package but when setting it up, I discovered I don't have VM wall socket. Please could you arrange for an engineer to install one.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wall socket

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony
0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have a look outside for a Brown or Grey box and if found trace any cable from there and use the coupler Tony mentions.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi salwood,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for your first post!

I'm sorry to hear you had some problems with your installation and everything wasn't in place for you to get set up. I've been able to locate your account and can see that you have been in touch with us since your post. Can you please confirm if you are still seeking help or need anything from here?

Let us know 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos