Menu
Debbieta
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No wall socket

My starter kit has arrived today but I dont have a virgin wall socket and cant see where to get any support. Please help 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wall socket

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if they have allowed quick start there has been a previous install there

Tony
0 Kudos
Debbieta
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is a brown box outside and a little white box on the inside wall but nowhere to plug any cables in 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Should be a connection in the bottom like in the following picture

Broadband

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

To be honest I've been seeing people getting quick start and the available outlets being from the 90s.... don't seem quite right to me.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

@-tony- wrote:

To be honest I've been seeing people getting quick start and the available outlets being from the 90s.... don't seem quite right to me.

why not - if someone was to do a quick start here sometime in the future then the box would be from the 90's - it works today and there is no reason to assume it would not work tomorrow or in the future

Tony
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Some of my Ethernet cables are AT&T Cat5 from the 90’s and they are still going strong at 1G.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos