Menu
Gemls3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No wall socket

Hi. I don’t seem to have a wall socket to be able to connect the quick start kit I’ve been sent. All I have is an open reach box that doesn’t fit. I can’t get through via phone so don’t know if I need an engineer. Thanks 

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wall socket

You think someone would check their property for a Virgin socket before agreeing to a quick start package?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@sayekm wrote:

You think someone would check their property for a Virgin socket before agreeing to a quick start package?

I was always under the impression, you can't order Quickstart unless the property was listed as having VM previously.?  The OP will need to check outside to see if there is a Gray or Brown VM box on the wall somewhere. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Adduxi wrote:

@sayekm wrote:

I was always under the impression, you can't order Quickstart unless the property was listed as having VM previously.?  The OP will need to check outside to see if there is a Gray or Brown VM box on the wall somewhere. 

Virgin only give you this option if there was previously a customer at the address, although it is the customers job to check the coax cable outlets are still in existance & at the required location they want to use their kit.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gemls3
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I just moved into the property and was told it was available but thanks for your super unhelpful comment 

0 Kudos