Menu
Cenk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No wall socket - quick start

Hi,

We were impatiently waiting for the quick start kit to have broadband at home. The reason that I selected quick start was the fact that the nearest engineer appointment was in about 20 days which we didn't want to wait. Also it showed our address as eligible. But when I tried to install the kit, I notice that We don't a wall socket like shown in the guide. This house we rented seems to be renovated and probably the previous owner had Virgin but now they removed the wall socket while renovation. I immediately called Virgin support but it looks like they are not working in the evenings!! I really need the connection at soonest since I work from home, and mobile signal is very poor in our area. Would appreciate any help.

Thank you

PS: Attached the picture where I plugged the wall socket. 

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wall socket - quick start

The cable may still be there. Have a look outside for a usually brown box and trace from there if found
0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Cenk,

Thanks for your recent post and apologies to hear of the delay to your installation. I've just had a quick look and can see you have got an engineer visit booked to get this sorted for you.

Please keep us posted and let us know if you require any assistance in the future 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Cenk
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Molly_G, a technician stopped by and confirmed that we don't have a Virgin wall socket, however, he also noticed that there is no cable in the seeable area so that he can install a Virgin box or whatsoever. He told me that a contractor third party will come to check the infrastructure and will leave a cable for the technician so that he can resume his work. He told me that it's beyond his hands and that he will send a report for a contractor to look at our issue but we haven't heard anything since then. The issue is becoming more and more urgent for us since we work from home and the mobile Internet speed is quite instable and mostly slow. I'm unable to reach anyone at the support to track the situation and started to feel a bit frustrated. Hope that you can check the situation and help accelerate things. thank you so much in advance!

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I Cenk, 

Thanks for your reply, I am sorry to hear this looking at your account I can see a repull of the cables has been booked to rectify this. have you been informed by this from our team ?
Zoie

0 Kudos
Cenk
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again @Zoie_P

No, we weren't notified by the team but I'd appreciate if you could tell me the booking day/time so that we won't miss long-awaited work.

Thanks

Cenk

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Of course, I can 🙂
I will pop you over a PM and we can got form there 

Zoie