Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No wall socket in my new home

I have ordered Quick Start set up before moving into my new property. However, I realised there is no correct wall socket in my property, the only wifi socket that I could find is a BT cable wall socket. I have tried to get in touch with virgin media but I can't. Now I don’t have wall socket what should I do can anybody help me out, please! How can I request an engineer to insert a right wall socket? Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wall socket in my new home

You will have been offered Quick-Start as a previous occupier has at sometime had a Virgin service. However, it is always worth checking before you order to see if the relevant connections are present, as people are notorious for removing things from walls etc that they don’t use.

There should be a contact number with the kit when it arrives, or you have the Forum Team here who should respond to this thread in a few days.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We have checked through the whole property and could not find any relevant connections are present. Thank you for your reply.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaiting852, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I'm also sorry there has been an issue with installing at your new home due to a missing wall socket. 

I've looked into the back end of things and can see you've since spoken to the team who have booked an engineer. 

Please keep us posted with how it goes. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos