cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall socket for self install

frosty85
Joining in

Hi i opted for a self install for broadband but just realised there's no wall socket. The only thing there is is two cables coming out of the wall which don't fit the router in any way. I tried calling virgin but cannot get through at all. Can someone help?

Thanks

Dean

13 REPLIES 13

mark1ee
Up to speed

Can you take a picture of the 2 cables you have coming out of the wall?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

2 cable always sounds like sky but their fitting would screw into the router so maybe not

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

Tony.
Sacked VIP

DSC_0088 (1).jpg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

thats sky cable - it may have been where VM came through or you need to keep looking - start outside and look for the external box

Tony.
Sacked VIP

There's absolutely nothing else except those 2 cables in the living room. No wall sockets, no cables, nothing in the bedroom.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

hmmmmmmmmm - if the system has allowed self install VM has been installed in the past - but thats all they know today - the cable could have come through that hole and sky could have removed it to fit their cable

so if there is nothing else you need to book a tech to sort it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Anything like this outside? 

Unknown.jpgVirgin Box.jpg

So it looks like both of those cable copper ends do actually fit into the router and it's on now but just constantly flashing green at the moment and saying 'action needed'.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

take my word for it or not those cables are not VM but sky - you can plug either or both in and you will get the same message - if you can find nothing else you need to book a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP