Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No wall socket for TV 360

Hi all -

I have had VM broadband and phone for about 10 years, prior to this there had never been a cable connection into the house (no legacy Telewest/NTL installations etc.) When the broadband was installed we elected to have the socket put in a study upstairs as that was most logical location for SH and best for WiFi reception. There is also a single phone socket downstairs. We have no other cable wall boxes.

I have now subscribed to the TV service, and have been told that I can self-install this on Friday. The retentions representative confirmed that I didn't need an engineer to install a cable, despite my concerns that we have never had cable TV before. Apparently the new box uses WiFi. I hadn't heard about VM switching to IPTV, and am concerned that we will get a box delivered on Friday that we won't be able to plug in. Are my suspicions correct, and if so how do I go about arranging for a wall box to be fitted? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No wall socket for TV 360

It will fail as it uses a coax, when you call up they then will send a technician, what a faff, if only they listened to you in the first place 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @190421,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear this. If you do not have a wall socket this will need to be a manned install.

Please call our team on 0345 454 1111 who can arrange this for you. 

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey ho! Thanks for confirming... thought cable TV without a cable sounded unlikely. Fingers crossed this is the only bump in the road

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry for any inconvenience caused @190421

Please keep us posted 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It hasn't gone well! 

Have spoken to somebody who just put me back through to retentions. Retentions are just repeating the line that I can do a self install and that the box just connects to the hub via ethernet exclusively because it is 'internet based'. The agent said outright that I don't need to plug anything into the coax port on TV 360 box, and continued on that line even when I pointed out that all the installation guides and videos say step 1 is to plug the coax in. She also said Ayisha was wrong and asked for her name to report for feedback!  @Ayisha_B are you able to look into this for me please? I can direct message you my account number.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @190421 

It will defiantly need the coax cable to work and if you don't have one downstairs (or where ever you want the TV) then you will need an engineer to come and install it.  Unfortunately this is one of the few things we are not able to arrange via the forums.  It would be worth calling our pre-install team on 0800 953 9500

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zak.

Have just phoned that number, not sure how to get through to that specific team you mentioned as I was just routed to the normal customer services options.

The adviser I spoke to was more helpful and accepted that I do need a coax for the 360 box and will need a wall socket to be installed. Apparently however the engineer visit cannot be arranged until I’ve received the box on Friday and confirmed again that I don’t have anything to plug it into, even though everyone is already aware of the problem 🥴

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about that. 

At least you have managed to speak to someone about it. Hopefully we are able to get this sorted for you once you receive your box. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos