Menu
Svaika10
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No virgin socket

Hi. Received today virgin box. But don't have a virgin socket. What can do to put internet ASAP as need internet for work

0 Kudos
Yakidd91
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin socket

Unfortunately without a virgin cable socket in your property it might not be possible.

If you have the Oomph bundle with a virgin sim card, try call customer services to see if they will allow unlimited data until the line is installed.

Actually, call customer services either way. An engineer booking seems to be required either way.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Svaika10 wrote:

Hi. Received today virgin box. But don't have a virgin socket. What can do to put internet ASAP as need internet for work

not all installs have an internal box - if they have allowed quickstart then there has been an install there in the past

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums Svaika10, and a very warm welcome to you!

Looking on our systems, it appears that your services are now classed as active.

Has an engineer visited your property since your post? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Svaika10
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I call virgin and enginier coming just after 5days. 😏😬 im workung from home. I need internet every day. So now im walking to my brothers house to work from his house. Its too far. But i can not change nothing .😔

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear we've not been able to get an engineer out sooner to you to have the install completed

Sadly we can only offer engineers on a first come, first serve basis and we will always seek to originally book the engineer in for the first available appointment. 

Do feel free to come back to us if you have any issues with the install, or after the install has been completed

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos