cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket

Essexgr8
On our wavelength

Hi,

I placed an order online for VM fibre broadand on the 19th June qnd i was offered self install kit. recieved confirmation email that my kit will arrive on 21st June but i recieved another email saying that my kit will now arrive 28th June.

I have noticed that i do not have any internal wall socket.there is brown box outside but the cables are not coming in . I have been living here for past 15 years and never had fibre broadband before so i assume some one living in the property had cut the cable coming in from external wall mounted box.

Please assist as i am not sure what actions to take. I do not want to pay for an engineer and may have to cancell the order.

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Essexgr8
On our wavelength

I am in contact with Virgin media in PM and the representative keep on changing and differwnt peraon picks up the private message and give me the same answer. I am sure its the delay tactics.

All the representative tell me the same story that they are witing for area manager to call them back.

I asked for my complanit to be escalated but i am not getting any update on this.

Instead of providing me with an update, i am asked in PM what resolution suits me? Which is very strange.

Update to follow.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Essexgr8
On our wavelength

Thankyou, i will give them a call today. I have just attched the picture of external box, i can see 2 black cables coming out of the box and going into my property. I chased the cable but the  cables have been cut from inside as it enters through the property wall.

20220624_151306.jpg

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So your only option now is the pre-install team.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Essexgr8
On our wavelength

Just spoke to the pre install team and technician has been booked for next week. No extra charges to install the new wiring and socket etc. 

Essexgr8
On our wavelength

Virgin media technician temporarily brought the cable in and left he hub inside next to the external grey box. He said there is kitchen hood in a way, even though i explained he can run the cable easily but he isisted that he shoule come back next week to complete the job. He left his mobie number with us. I called him today and he said that now there will be charged because its the 2nd time he has to come.he never told us this. He is making stories even on the day of installation, he reluctantly installed temporay cable. I feel like i am trapped and representative of company like virgin media are blatently lieing and keep changing their stories.customer service also dint care when i asked this for contract to be cancelled.

Hi Essexgr8,

I am very sorry to hear the appointment did not go all that well and you didn't have the best experience with the engineer, that is disappointing. 

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Beth

Essexgr8
On our wavelength

Thankyou Beth.

I have provided the info in PM.

Essexgr8
On our wavelength

Just a quick update.

After exchanging details back and forth in PM, Virgin media still trying to contact their area manager.

Further update to follow.

Thank you for the update @Essexgr8.

Sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing. Our team will aim to resolve this as soon as possible. Please remain in contact with my colleague via PM who can update you on the AFM and any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs