cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket

Shone1234
Joining in

I was sent a self install package but there is no sign of a virgin media wall socket inside, and no brown box with cables outside. 

I’m at a loss why they would send me this self install when there is not evidence virgin media has previously served this property. It would have been easy for me to check this was present before getting this box. How do I arrange an engineer? It doesn’t seem like there’s a way to do this from my account? 

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You only get a Quickstart kit if the property was serviced by VM previously.  If there is no brown omnibox externally, the previous owners could have removed it.   This may prove problematic, as a new box and cable will have to be installed with the knock on delays.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Shone1234, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear your self-install has not gone smoothly, I can see on our systems there was a cancelled appointment. I can get this rearranged for you and will pop you over a PM.

Keep an eye open for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

I very much hope the appointment doesn’t show as cancelled. I’m expecting then this afternoon!