cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket

anniegmac
Joining in

Recieved my hub 3, I asked for help before I signed up to virgin media for all info I needed and they never told me about a specific virgin media wall socket.

Recieved my hub but cannot connect to the Internet. 

Do I need to book an engineer to get one installed?

Searched all over flat and only sockets I can find are for a phone line, nothing else. It's pretty strange.

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will only be offered quick start if a previous occupant has had a service. What VM cannot tell is whether subsequent occupants have removed the sockets you require. Some flats are internally wired & the combined service outlet in the main room can be used for VM once the relevant cable is swapped in blocks service equipment cupboard.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

anniegmac
Joining in

I have searched the flat all over can see no sign of anything that can help me here.

Do I just book for an engineer to come out? How do I do this?

Sometimes there is a socket but installed by a predecessor company such as Telewest or NTL, sometimes not even a socket but a coaxial cable protruding from the wall. Try a connection if either of the above exists.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi anniegmac, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're unable to get your equipment set up due to not having the cables installed. This usually happens if previous tenants or the owner have removed the cables during renovation. 

In order to convert the quick start order in to a manned install, you will need to speak to the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734.

Let us know how you get on or if you need further support.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs