Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No virgin media wall socket

Hi,

I received a virgin media quickstart box today with my new broadband, but I did not realise i needed a new wall socket installed. If any virgin media staff could put me in contact with someone to arrange an engineer visit for this installation that would be great 🙂

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin media wall socket

VM only send Quickstarts if they know that there has been a connection there previously

So, is there an existing VM coax connection socket there? If so then there should be all you need in the pack to connect up - including a connector.

If not, someone may have concealed or removed it - have you "traced" the wiring from outside to see where it comes in an terminates? If its not there it will be quicker to call in.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone).. Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time – see message 23 here –

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intermittent-Connection-Issues/m-p/4490276#...

Although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took just 20’ for me one midweek afternoon recently.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin media wall socket

Hi BenG2001

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply. I can see from checking the system you've spoke to the team and had an engineer visit. I hope everything is sorted but do let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos