Menu
JackWarnes
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No virgin media wall socket

I recently purchased a quickstart kit and was informed that it would be easy to set up as my building already had virgin media installed in the past, however the wall socket that does seem to be here is incompatible with the wires that were provided. I think I need an engineer to come have a look but I cannot for the life of me find where to book one. Help!

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin media wall socket

This is a real puzzle. VM will have a record to say that its services were installed in your flat, or they wouldn't have accepted an order for the quick start pack. 

If the previous occupant has removed the wall box but just left the wires then VM will need to come round and reinstate for you. But the box must be there somewhere. The new connectors are push fit but will fit the old screw connectors if you are careful and push the new connector onto the screw fitting.

You can phone VM on 0345 454 1111 - chargeable or wait here for a member of the VM Forum team to investigate for you, and maybe to arrange a tech visit. Quickest is to phone..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JackWarnes
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

 Hi, I’ve attached a picture of what I presume is the wall socket, as there is a metal thing in the middle it won’t connect to the wire provided, it is also very close to where the TV is and I can’t identify anything else in the flat which resembles the VM socket

53EE5A39-6A43-4C6F-9A4E-0A9A0166C218.jpeg

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

that is TV roof Aerial not a VM connection
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So the advice is still to phone VM or wait here. Indeed that is a TV aerial coax connector and not a VM connector.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jack,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your services due to not finding the connection point.

I can see that you have since your last post had a technician visit to get this set up. if you have an by further issues please let us know and we will be glad to help.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos