Menu
WilsonBridge
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No virgin media wall socket

Hi there,

I have just moved into a new rental property and I was told the previous tenants were using Virgin Media broadband. I checked online and Virgin told me that indeed, all I needed to do was order a Quickstart kit and I would be up and running in days! That I didn't even need to book an engineer. Alas, now that the new router has arrived I cannot find the Virgin Media Wall socket I am supposed to connect it to.

Most other houses on my street have a Virgin Media Box on the wall by their front doors but not me. I cannot find anything inside or outside the house to indicate Virgin has ever been installed in this house.

So how can I please book an engineer to come and fix this for me? 

Thank you

(p.s. I haven't been able to get through to anyone on the phone)

(p.p.s- I've almost run out of 4G and need an internet connection pronto for work!)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin media wall socket

Call in free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or try the Pre-installation and delivery team - on.. 0800 052 1734 - see if they can help
You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos