Menu
KMichael
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No virgin media wall socket found

Hi, 

I'm moving to a new place this week, which was on the list of address' for having VM cables- but couldn't find a VM wall socket anywhere when checked (attached some photos of the only connectors I could find)

Unfortunately my landlord doesn't give permission to make any exterior or interior holes, but there is a panel that can be removed with wires behind a wall- does anyone know if it is possible to add a Virgin Media connection with this limit in place? The building has been recently refurbished, so if the cables are not there anymore, I guess I might be out of options otherwise..

(Also I thought an engineer had been booked from almost a month ago when I talked to a rep online about moving/ explaining the situation, but have no times in my 'order &appointments' section- am I looking in the wrong place to find this?)

Thank you, KM

photo1.jpgphoto2.jpg

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin media wall socket found

Hi I'm afraid none of these, in the pictures are compatible with virgin, the picture on the right is for freeview, ariel, and satellite connections, so unless your landlord allows virgin to install a box to the exterior and allow a cable to be put through the wall it seems like a no go. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the box with all the connections is possible - as said above some of the connections are obvious but i wonder what the singe connector is on the right - worth taking the faceplate off and seeing whats behind that connector 

the other thing to look for is an external box - usually brown but other colours have been used - if you find anything post some photos

Tony
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am in agreement with the box on the far right could be custom made wall socket.

Sockets look different  as there are many option

My wall socket look like socket in the picture..socket on the far right

Socket.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos