cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall port

Taylor310x
Just joined

I ordered a virgin media hub for broadband for my new property I have just moved into it said I was eligible for a quick start home set up hub but when it arrived I had no virgin media wall port to put the cable into so therefore I am unable to set it up and I am looking to resolve this issue as I have been trying to book an engineer to install a wall port etc but I don’t seem to be getting anywhere with this 

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is there an external grey/brown "omnibox" on your exterior wall? If so where does the cable enter your property - its usually through a hole in the wall to an internal wall point - or it could just be loose cable - usually located just on the internal side of the "hole". Is there no evidence of anything there? If not, a previous occupant may have decorated over it or removed it.

Then you will need a Tech install - call the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734

Calling jsut after 8am is usually the best time to get through

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Taylor310x, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue getting your installation completed. We can certainly get an engineer appointment booked for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs