Hi I’ve just received my hub but I don’t have the right socket 

4 REPLIES 4

zay051
Joining in

Call customer support and book a engineer

Cameron121
On our wavelength

Hello,

If you could post some pictures of the socket, the forum members will be able to advise/help further.

Another top tip is to find the brown box outside and follow the cable back to where it enters the house. 

Failing that, if you are sure you have no VM cable point you will need to call customer services and book a technician to install a connection point: 0345 454 1111.

I would suggest posting a photo first as sometimes it can be a case that the cable has an old filter on which needs to be removed (assuming you have a VM cable in your property).

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bannie1 

If you don't have the correct socket, and you can't trace the cable back into the house from the external omnibox then call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bannie1 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill