cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No socket at my flat

Josekans92
Tuning in

I moved to my new flat and there is no wall socket to install my quickstart box. Just the cable for the tv.

So I think I need to book a eng visit to install it right? When I check and order VM they send me this quickstart box so before maybe this flat had VM or maybe the flat downstairs, but not my one.

Thanks in advance,

Jose.

5 REPLIES 5

Josekans92
Tuning in

I just noticed that there is a cable that maybe is for the hub but the ethernet cable needs to be plug in as well right? And for this we don't have the socket

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No Ethernet cables needs to plug into the hub to get a broadband service, only the coax. The Ethernet sockets are for your devices or if you also have you own router.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Connect the existing cable to the splitter and the two supplied cables to the splitter with one going to the hub and the other to the TV box. The Ethernet cable connects the TV box to the hub. Power on the hub first to get it connected to the network and its software updated.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hey Josekans92 

Welcome back and thank you for reaching out. Sorry to see you are having some issues setting your equipment up in your new flat. 

Yes, the above information is correct, how did you manage to on?

Sometimes what happens is the last person in that flat would have had Virgin services. However, let's say someone who moved in and didn't take Virgin service they could have removed the box and therefore we wouldn't get updated till someone like yourself would move in. 

please let me know how you are getting on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I could connect the Hub. I didn't know about this kind of connection because my last Hub was different.

Now all is done.

Thank you people you helped me a lot.

Jose Perez.