Menu
robh_78
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No service for 31 days

Without going into too much detail, I've had no services now for 31 days (yes, 31), because contractors cut through my cable on the road outside. 

My attempts at getting reconnected have yielded much frustration. The customer service I've received is an embarrassment and Virgin should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

I've received emails saying I'm "back up and running". I'm not.

I've been promised calls back from the construction team "within 3 to 4 working days". As I said to the person on the other end of the phone, I simply don't believe it will happen; it didn't.

I've had an area manager (Justin) promise to get me up and running "in 10 days time". He didn't.

The same area manager promised me an engineer the following day. He never turned up. 

I had an engineer booked for the 6th of August. I then had another operative tell me that the engineer hadn't actually been booked and booked me another one for a different date. On the 6th August, the engineer turned up - I wasn't in. 

Believe me, that's only a small part of it. 

I'm now at a loss as to what to do next. I really don't want to have to make another phone call (the last one lasted 1hr 41 minutes) and none of the 3 departments I spoke to could actually help me.

I fully believe that the staff at Virgin are doing their best to avoid having to spend time helping me. They simply pass the buck. No one wants to accept responsibility for helping me. Does it affect their targets for the number of cases solved I wonder? 

As pathetic as it may sound, it's now become quite an upsetting situation and has affected my work and my family. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No service for 31 days

Can one of the VM Forum Staff have a look at this.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@FrogCF wrote:
Hi,

I'm really sorry about this rest sure i'll help you i'll send you message direct and help you.

to OP [robh_78] - be careful if you are giving private info to request via pm - FrogCF identifies as staff but has not got official VM status as staff here have - he/she could be anybody

Tony
0 Kudos
robh_78
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony. A quick Google search of the number be gave me in DM would suggest you are correct. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @robh_78

Welcome back to our Community; I was very sorry to understand that you have had a loss of service for such an extended length of time due to the cut cabling outside your home. 

I am verified staff as you can see from my profile - your thread was escalated to us via our user @MikeRobbo; thank you. 

I have located your account via your forum information and can see that the reason for the delay in getting the new cabling is due to the length of cable that is required - the Local Authority require some road closures for this to be completed but this is a bit more difficult that usual due to the location and close proximity to 2 junctions and a Hospital entrance and exit. 

They have advised us that this cannot be done until September at the earliest; I can only apologise for the further delay. I have ensured that your account has been updated with this contact and we will endevaour to keep you updated as and when we have any further information from the Local Authority and the permits required for the work. 

You are welcome to pop back any update and we shall be happy to keep you updated

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

robh_78
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Katie, thank you for the reply and the update.

Whilst it won't rectify the situation, just having someone keep me updated as to what is happening goes a long way. Surely someone should be assigned to this case, with the responsibility of taking to the customer and keeping them in the loop? 

One of your social media team asked me to contact the following number by text:

07533 051809

I have done this on the separate days, with no reply.??? 

I am also concerned that your automatic compensation scheme is not going to register the full duration, as I received an email saying I was back up and running. Where are you with this? 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us. 

The team would apply the correct level of compensation as and when the issue is fixed, please do not worry

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
robh_78
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, 

Is it possible to grab an update please. Now on 38 days with no service. 

Rob. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Rob.

My apologies for what's happening. I've checked the notes and the earliest it can be started is the 7th September, however I can see the field team are working on this for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
robh_78
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply, John. 

My neighbour, whose cable was cut through at the same time, has had an engineer out tonight and he has booked him a cable pull for tomorrow!!!???

He was unable to book mine, as it is a different account to the one he was called out for. 

The pull was booked through Jason Pullen.

Please, please, please can someone on here move quickly to get the team to pull my cable at the same time? Surely that makes sense? 

0 Kudos