cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service but still charged

Khadarm40
Joining in

Joined virgin media 4 months ago, was sent quick set up guide and hub engineer came but couldn’t install as I live in a brand new house and is not connected to the grid. 
Virgin has charged me £56 first months, £56 second months then £44 the next two months even though my contract is for £28 a month various phone calls to them later they told me my house is active in the system even though my hub is not even powered on, keep phoning them no result they send an engineer out looks at the situation apologises but nothing gets done, I am told we will call you to sort it out nothing gets done. How can I get out of my contract and get a refund I am fed up of paying extra for a service I am not even receiving.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think you need to make a formal complaint which will do absolutely nothing.

But Oone you receive your complaint number request a deadlock letter and then go straight to CISAS and state your case.

From what you've said I am 100% confident they will find in your favour, possibly refund all costs and award damages for the poor service.

It should be pretty simple to leave afterwards or if CISAS ask what you want, request the contract be terminated.

VM should never have permitted sign-up if the property isn't brown box ready.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think you need to make a formal complaint which will do absolutely nothing.

But Oone you receive your complaint number request a deadlock letter and then go straight to CISAS and state your case.

From what you've said I am 100% confident they will find in your favour, possibly refund all costs and award damages for the poor service.

It should be pretty simple to leave afterwards or if CISAS ask what you want, request the contract be terminated.

VM should never have permitted sign-up if the property isn't brown box ready.

Do I have to write a letter or would an email be ok to make my complaint.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have asked VM to come here and take a look

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a web based complaint form you fill in when signed into your account, cant remember the exact location but its at the bottom of the page under help or contact us.

They're not the quickest to get back to you but you need the CS number for CISAS

Got it.thanks for your replay . Looking forward to their replay 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Khardarm40,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear you have been charged month-on-month, even when your property was deemed non-serviceable. Unfortunately, I can't find any information on my end using the details you provided when signing up for our Forums.

So I can assist you further, and get this resolved, I'm going to drop you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ