Menu
sam3189
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No response to complaint over 28 days

This has quite honestly been the worst experience ive ever had, with any company in any sector.

From day 1 i've been told non stop lies, had 0 communication and have had my install cancelled 5 times.

I have done everything in my power to try and get answers. I have called so many times that I've lost count, spoken to pre install team, construction, customer service etc... All me spending my time being passed around different departments trying to get answers. Promised callbacks that never happen, calls .disconnecting' and not receiving a call back so having to start all over again, dates moving every week almost. My original install date was over 2 months ago.

So i then reached the end of my tether and raised an official complaint. First time ever in my life I've had to do this.

Got receipt of the email on 26th april stating i would receive a response within 28 days but its now 1st june and i've had no response. And also just been told my install date is moving again.

I've seen the forum team might be able to help... Please help!!!

0 Kudos
sam3189
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: No response to complaint over 28 days

i have just spent 30mins on a call, most of which on hold while the operator 'checks my details'. She then says she is putting me through to manager to discuss a deadlock form at my request but I've now been on hold again for a further 8mins and counting when i was supposedly being transferred straight through.

Who do i speak to? I've tried calls, emails, official complaints. Exhausted all avenues 

Please help

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

One 8 weeks have expired you can goto cisas, but note vm may never install your services, but they might eventually. Cable pulls are subcontracted and as such vm typically know little until they are completed. 

0 Kudos
sam3189
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

the only response i seem to get is that there is a blockage.

Then they re-book and then 3 days before i get an email saying its moved again and when i call they say the same thing, there's a blockage.

This exact pattern has occured on all 5 occasions my install date has been moved.

The fact they aren't replying to my official compliant within stated time period has just tipped me over the edge.

Is there anything else i can do apart from cisas?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If there is a blockage then you are looking to a 6-8 weeks period as Virginmedia will need to get permission from local council to dig up the road / footpath, this will be why the appointment keeps changing as until VM get that permission the work cannot go ahead.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sam3189
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So after the 1st scheduled appointment was missed, this was explained and fair enough. But they said they gave a rescheduled time based on them having the permit to clear the blockage. They said it was clear and re-booked. 

Then 3 days before i get the same message saying it was blocked and rescheduled. Cycle continues. They say the block is cleared but 3 days before my install they say there is a block???

0 Kudos
ksw1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Join the club. You won't get any more help from the forum I'm afraid, same lies, **bleep**, and complete ignorance.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It goes like this:

1. Attempt to push cable, if it doesn't work, abandon and call construction crew to figure out why.

2. Construction crew come out and find a blockage and book in the work, submit request for permits, etc (which includes VM signing off on the work)

3. Once permit is agreed, dig up suspected blockage and attempt to clear.

4. Goto 1

It's entirely possible that there's multiple blockages, but until they get past the first, they can't see how many other there are.

So an installation could take 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, or be abandoned altogether if cost is too high.

0 Kudos
sam3189
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would accept that as legitimate if it was actually communicated to me rather than the dross om being fed each time i call to chase. 

and not replying to my official complaint within the 28days also. 

i appreciate the reasons why it may take so long but it would be better knowing the actual reason for my delay. Not just the possible reasons. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @sam3189

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your install arranged. 

How are things looking since your post? Do you have a complaint reference number that you are able to provide? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos