Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No power adapter or phone

I received my quick start package today only to find that there is no power adapter lead and there is no phone. All i have is the broadband box, the fly lead and an ethernet cable. How am i expected to get online with this?

Not happy as i will probably still be charged from today. I have been on the phone to customer service for over three hours with no answer. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No power adapter or phone

You need to ring customer services to request a replacement hub. 

As regards the phone, VM expect you to provide your own. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Z92 wrote:

You need to ring customer services to request a replacement hub. 

As regards the phone, VM expect you to provide your own. 

I think (hope) they meant the RJ11 to 'BT' adapter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They dont answer the phone. I've cancelled my direct debit until contact is made. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ryantsoitis wrote:

They dont answer the phone. I've cancelled my direct debit until contact is made. Thanks for your help.

Cancelling your direct debit will not help you at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ryantsoitis wrote:

I received my quick start package today only to find that there is no power adapter lead and there is no phone. All i have is the broadband box, the fly lead and an ethernet cable. How am i expected to get online with this?

Not happy as i will probably still be charged from today. I have been on the phone to customer service for over three hours with no answer. 

There are numerous posts on the VM forums from people who have cancelled direct debits, because of a dispute with VM, only to discover (usually much later on) that the missed DD payments have affected their credit score and they have subsequently been refused a mortgage or loan etc.

You would do better to reinstate your DD and let one of the forum team pick this up and sort it out for you. They normally reply within a few days but can take up to a week.

While waiting for the forum team, try again on the phone. The default advice on the forum is that calling early at 08:00 on a week day is the best chance to get through.

Hopefully one of those two routes will get you the missing items.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@carl_pearce wrote: I think (hope) they meant the RJ11 to 'BT' adapter.

I assumed that was the 'fly lead', I could be wrong though... 

@ryantsoitis wrote:

Virgin charge for failed direct debit collections, which is added to your bill. If you don't pay your bill promptly you'll then receive a paper bill, which is charged at £1.75. If you don't pay that it'll be marked as a failed bill payment with credit reference agencies. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ive spoke to three different customer service agents all of which said they would send the missing power supply out, and that did not happen. I spoke again to a 4th CSA who said they would book an engineer appointment for me, that did not happen. I dont know what else im supposed to do...

0 Kudos