cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No password or network name

CosaNostra
Joining in

Hi,

I have received my new hub today but there's no sticker with the network name or the password. Plus that, my hub seems to be in a foreign language, Dutch I believe and it takes me straight into settings. TV works fine

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Phone Customer Services and insist on a replacement.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

🤔

Clearly another piece of second-hand junk !!!

As jpeg1 says: Ring and insist on it being replaced.

😒

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Been on the phone with them for 3 hours, passed me from one to another, everyone asking me to check the hub for a sticker like I'm an idiot who can't read a label

I ended up reactivating the old hub and I'm awaiting for an engineer next week

Hi CosaNostra,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you've been sent a replacement hub without any network name, this is not the service we are aiming to provide.

We do apologise that you have had to wait until this week to get a technician to attend about this issue. I have just checked your account and can confirm this has been booked in for you. You can check the time and date here.

Please can you keep us posted with how this visit goes.

Kind regards Jodi. 

@CosaNostra Hub 4 by any chance?

VM’s parent and owner company is Liberty Global who also own a number of ISPs across Europe. As an economy of scale exercise, they use basically the same hub across all of these companies but with a VM branded customised firmware on them for use in the UK. Now these hubs are not exactly the Rolls-Royce of build quality or quality control so hence you have got one which is suffering from a real identity crisis and has decided to completely factory default itself back to the base firmware.

The annoying thing would be that your hub will probably be given a quick wipe down and sent out to some other poor mug valued customer so I fully expect to see a post here in a week or so saying ‘I’ve just had my hub delivered but the web interface appears to be in………’