Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No isolator

Hi there, just moved into a new flat and we were informed that the previous tenant has remove the virgin box / isolator from the wall before moving. We had the option to quick install as this flat previously had the box installed. We have tried everything, We have been on hold 5 times to try and book an engineer to come and install one but every time we get through to someone, we get put on hold after being informed that they are transferring us to a different team to speak to. We are at a loss now so coming here for help. 

thanks for everyone’s time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No isolator

Hi there

I may be able to be able with this. 

I'll pop you a private message to take some details.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

have you got the cable coming out of the wall if so get one of these

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

and use the cable that came with the quick start - that has an isolator built in 

if whoever removed the wall box removed the cable then you need a tech which Christy_D should be able to organise [hopefully]

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They now have a service call booked in for a technician to install the Isolator housing so they can get their kit up and running.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos