Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No internet

I received my new cable from virgin media to my new house and the service was meant to go online on Tuesday but it’s Thursday and no service just yet. On my Hub 3 I'm seeing green lights solid green at the bottom and wifi green and 2arrows flashing green. 
i have tried all the guides on VM websites rebooting turning on and off ensuring cables are set properly... but so far nothing is happening.

i would really appreciate if someone can help me get back on internet as i have important university lectures that im missing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No internet

Hi Usman2109,

It's possible that your broadband hasn't been activated yet.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) was to reboot the equipment, and if still no connection then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dave,

thank you very much for you response.

however i have tried all the basic ways i.e. rebooting etc.

coming to the topic of calling VM customer service i cant get hold of them because their offices are closed due to covid(?) i have no clue why. 

I dont know what to do now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again Usman2109,

The phone lines are open. Ignore any message that says the call centres are closed and the call should still be picked up, it's only the overseas call centres that are closed, so keep persevering on the phone , or try at different times. Lines are least busy when they first open at 8am, however people get through at all times of the day.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Usman2109 and welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services, I can see from your account notes that you suffered from an equipment failure and that this has now been resolved.

Have you had any further issues since the issue was resolved by our team or is everything working as it should?

Regards

Steven