Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet when setup

shisha
Joining in

Hello,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ordered Virgin Media broadband, hub 3 arrived, connected as per instruction, showing WiFi with no access to internet. I do have Telewest socket but never tried to use it. Previously used other type of socket (it says BT on it) with Sky but virgin wire not fit in there. Think I need an engineer to get it sorted. Photos attached. Can someone advise please?

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

Try the activation number:

0800 953 9500

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi shisha 

You need to connect the white isolator cable into the telewest box - see the youtube video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2guDtleWt_w 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello,

did it, but still no internet

IMG_6127.png

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@shisha wrote:

Hello,

did it, but still no internet

IMG_6127.png

If the green base light constantly flashes & does NOT cycle through steady then flashing there is either no signal or a signal fault. Give the pre-install team a call on 0800 052 1734.

If the light IS cycling then the hub is not activated & you need to ring the activation number (0800 953 9500) to progress any further.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @shisha 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the install. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shisha 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to help you sort this.

Please do let us know how the engineer visit goes or if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill