Menu
johnmcfarlane30
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No internet since Friday and appointments now cancelled! Any advice ?

Hello,

our internet stopped working Thursday intermittently and totally dead on Friday on wards...

appointment booked for this morning at 8 and received a text stating it’s now cancelled. 

what can we do to get help? The phone number is just a pre recorded message with no actual help, the check my status in the app doesn’t even work as it states we have no issues. 

can someone advise? Or do I just pull all the cables out and call bt for a better service and cancel my direct debit! 

0 Kudos
johnmcfarlane30
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No internet since Friday and appointments now cancelled! Any advice ?

5E79E85D-C68C-4BC3-B645-116E4D4A2FE9.png

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yup - if they discover a wider area - the home visit will be cancelled - if you call the 0800 number - you should have been able to start the auto compensation timer (0800 561 0061)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There's no point sending an engineer to your house when they know the problem isn't inside your house. 

0 Kudos
johnmcfarlane30
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

But we have no power to our router the router seems faulty or burnt out. Our neighbours all still have VM internet just ours is down. 

0 Kudos
johnmcfarlane30
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have called this, it states we don’t have an issue in our area. 

on the phone again to Virgin media attempting to cancel our services completely for incompetence! 

BT can provide a new line tomorrow morning from 8am - no issues! 

0 Kudos
johnmcfarlane30
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have just been on phone to Virgin, no estimated time of fixing but have said they are short of engineers and that’s why they cancelled. Have offered us 2 months free to cover the lack of internet and phone services. 

guessing it means internet will be back on next month or next 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BT use different cables to Virgin Media, so will guess that can provide services. You may or may not actually get service once they try to activate it.This is the reason I moved away from BT and joined VM -  my BT line has degraded so much that the it can now only manage 20 mbps but they refused to replace it, saying it would cost too much. A few years ago I got 60 mbps on the same line, then it dropped to 55, then 40, ... they would only send an engineer if I paid them £129.99 call out fee, but strangely offered it for free when I called to cancel my contract. Too late BT, too late.

0 Kudos
johnmcfarlane30
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@virginmedia have failed to turn up to both our appointments today, no show this morning because they cancelled and no show for this evenings appointment. What can we do to get this issue fixed and resolved? 

my mobile phone tethering hotspot is taking a battering and going to cost me a fortune from EE 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnmcfarlane30,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry the engineer appointments were cancelled. 

This usually means there is an area wide issue which is affecting your services and the engineers need to fix the fault in the area before they can fix the issue within your home. 

I've tried to search for your services on my side using your forum information, but I can't seem to find you. So I'm going to send you a PM to locate your account and I can have a look that way. 

Speak soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos