Menu
fritzpoll
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No internet for at least four days!

My Internet connection died this morning.

Checked all the connections. No problem. 

I restarted the Superhub 3 router, and ended up on a solid power light, solid WiFi and flashing Internet connection light.  It then would flash red on the internet connection and then cycle round.

I tried a factory reset, but the same thing happened.  Finally got through on the phone to be told I could have an engineer 4-7 on Thursday (it was at 09:30 today, Monday)

Two of us are trying to work and homeschool a four year old and we are quite desperate. Anyone got any idea what it is? Is it the router? I don't want to have to wait four days to be told I need a new router

Help!

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet for at least four days!

could be anything and they have done all they have to in booking a tech - thats as good as it on the domestic deal - i doubt its the hub but that will only become clear when the tech comes 

all that said the service status reporting is poor unless its an area fault so theres every chance it will come back on with no intervention from you - just leave the hub switched on

you can keep ringing and see if an earlier visit becomes available - other than that theres nothing you can do

Tony
0 Kudos
fritzpoll
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony

I just wanted a little vent and a check that nothing obvious had been missed on the call.

The website isn't particularly good anyway - I got to the engineer visit booking on the website and it completely failed with garbled messages

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your experience is why you are recommended to have a backup service, if the broadband is critical. Virgin media is a residential service and continuous access e.g. for business use is not guaranteed. Many of have a 4G mobile data service as a fallback. 

0 Kudos