Menu
EmmP1
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No internet day day 7

I have had no internet for a week now despite calling webchat selp help on the site nothing is working. I'm a key worker trying to work from home and unable to do so effectively without Internet. I honestly don't know where else to ask for help! 😭

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet day day 7

Which Hub do you have ?

Which lights on the Hub are illuminate and / or flashing ?

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible internal and external co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
EmmP1
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the reply. It's a hub3 I believe from the pictures on the website... But it may be a previous version as it's a white box and the lights are slightly different but it's the closest match (can you tell im very technical! 😂) the WiFi and power light are solid green and the Internet light is flashing... All cables checked and firmly in place. I've checked the service status and no broadband issues in my area... 😔

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Go through the Troubleshooting steps >> HERE <<.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
EmmP1
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, I've done that a few times but no luck.. 😕

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

0 Kudos
EmmP1
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'll try phoning... Again ! I can't wait any longer it's been off a week already its ridiculous! Appreciate they may be busy but it seems impossible to contact anybody!! I'm not a happy bunny right now! Thanks for your help though Mike I appreciate it! 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When you checked for issues in your area it normally gives you the option to test your connection and if there is a fault it will automatically book an engineer, so you shouldn't need to phone up to report the fault? Last time I had an issue they sent me a text saying an engineer would be arriving 2 days after the internet went down, and then it was fixed the next morning.
0 Kudos
EmmP1
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ah if only it were that easy! I have finally spoken to someone and an engineer is booked but won't come until Thursday, so will have been offline 10 days by then. If onl the person I spoke to initially had done that perhaps I could have been up and running by now and a lot of stress saved. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

On the plus side at least you'll get compensation * 

(* as long as you registered your complete lack of service when the fault originally happened) 

0 Kudos