Menu
dl7192
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection

I moved into a new house yesterday and received my QuickStart kit today with the Hub 3.. After connecting everything, calling the number to activate it and receiving the text saying it is now connected, I'm still getting no WiFi. I've reset numerous times, sometimes I will get the two green lights to indicate that everything is working but they go off after around a minute (and even when they're on, there is no connection), leaving a solid white light. I've disconnected and reconnected all cables, they're all in properly in the right places. I've tried calling, but every option I choose leads to 'sorry, our call centres are closed due to coronavirus, please refer to the website'.

kt141murphy1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet connection

this seems like a common problem for everyone (including myself) who recieved their box today. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All new  / replacement electronic equipment needs to be activated.

Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
dl7192
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please read my post where I clearly stated that I already did this, and received the texts confirming that it is activated.

Everything is working fine now anyway, maybe an issue on VM's end given everybody's problems today.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you read as many posts as I do you would realise that a large percentage of times the initial 'activation with text message' hasn't actually worked and people have been able to go back onto their previous Hub. This would not be possible if the activation had worked properly !!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos