cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection, telephone support unhelpful

woolwichuser1
Joining in

I would be grateful if someone from the technical support team could help. I have no internet connection at all. I have spoken with the call centre who although perfectly pleasant were supremely lacking in insight and ultimately unhelpful.

I was eventually told that there is a 'known problem' in my area (a conclusion ultimately reached after having me turn the router on and off again, try with different device etc; this had already been done by me anyway, as well as a hard reset).

There is no access whether through WIFI or ethernet cable.

The router indicator lights do not suggest a problem (power light on, no other lights).

I also am unable to access the router settings whether by WIFI or ethernet - technical support also said this was due to the 'local known problem' though I do not see how this could be.

The advice given verbally was to "observe the connection for 24 hours" and I have also had an SMS saying that the connection would be "observed" by Virgin.

It does not need observation but action to fix whatever issue it is that is causing the problem. Neighbours on Virgin have had no such access issues.

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

offshore was it - i assume so - take all that was said as rubbish as they are clueless and make up any old rubbish to get you off the phone

staff will get her in a few days but that does not help now - so try rebooting the hub - if that does not help try a full reset - again if that does not help then you need to get back onto the phone and hope you get some one with more than one or two brain cells who may be able to help or book a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @woolwichuser1 

It is possible that there is a problem in your area.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there which may result in automatically booking a tech appointment for you. It also notifies VM that you're reporting a fault

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @woolwichuser1 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your connection, I can certainly understand the frustration with this 😔 I have checked our system and can see that there did seem to be an issue in the area which has now been resolved? How are things looking for you now?

If you still need further help, you can check the status of any known issues in the area via our service page here. You can also sign into the page via your My VM details to run a fault test with your connection.

We are also on hand to help as best as we can, let us know if you need anything further, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules