cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after house move

lilibet16
Tuning in

I moved house yesterday and after waiting for my QuickStart kit, I’ve set up my hub today (brought with me from previous address).  
Everything seemed to set up fine and the hub has the lights on to say it’s working, but when I connect to the wifi on my phone etc there is no internet connection. 
I’ve received a text to say Virgin have activated my kit but still nothing. When I tried to call the helpline I was on hold for 25 minutes before getting cut off halfway through the conversation and the online chat doesn’t seem to be connecting me to anyone. 
Help!

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try getting it reactivated again, call

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hiya,
I’ve called this number three times now and only once have I managed to get through. After a text on Saturday to say my kit had been activated, I called Saturday evening when nothing was working but kept getting cut off. 
When I got through finally on Sunday morning, I was told an activation hit would be sent to my box and would be up and running in maximum of 30 hours. 
It’s now been 40 hours and still no internet. I work full time (during the time at which the number can be called to the best of my knowledge) and I don’t have a chance to sit on hold at work. 

is there anything else I can do on my end to make this work! If I try the online chat, I’m just told to call the number. 

Thanks

Do you know what model of hub it is, if not can you describe it and let us know what lights are on, what colour they are etc? If you could take a picture and include that it might be very helpful as well.

Secondly, you say that your phone isn't working over WiFi, but do you have any devices (a PC, laptop etc) that can be plugged into the hub via an ethernet cable - just so we can see if the problem is a general connectivity issue or a WiFi one?

Hi lilibet16,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your services aren't working in your new property after setting everything up your end, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us and a technician has been arranged.

We appreciate you need the connection ASAP as you work from home full time, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.