cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet - DS SCANNING error

mark_ck
Tuning in

Got FTTP broadband installed yesterday, worked fine for about 8 hours, then at 2am overnight it stopped working. Called helpdesk this morning, unable to help. The router just says DS SCANNING and won't allow a connection to the internet.

So far, not a good experience, and no working internet.

15 REPLIES 15

BartekP
On our wavelength

Remember about 14 days cooling off period. 

Check for a service local fault on 0800 561 0061

Checked for local faults on that line, says all is good. Rebooted router, reset router etc, always comes back with the same DS Scanning error.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mark_ck wrote:

Got FTTP broadband installed yesterday, worked fine for about 8 hours, then at 2am overnight it stopped working. Called helpdesk this morning, unable to help.<snip>

So, VM CS are unable to assist when your Broadband is not working??  What exactly did they say?  They should have at least booked a technician to visit your property to check the installation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They said someone from a more technical help desk would call me in about an hour. That was about 7 hours ago. Still waiting, still no internet.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t hold your breath on a return phone call…..  

Either ring CS back and complain or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mark_ck
Tuning in

Still waiting for your call Virgin Media. Still no internet.

Have you called Customer Services and logged the fault ?

Yep - they said another technician would call me back within an hour. That was Friday morning.