Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No installation after arranging it 3 times

Dear Sir/Madam

We arranged the services installation date of Monday 24th August with Virgin over the phone then the following sequence of events happens:

Monday 24th August - Engineer arrives at the house and informs us the cable has not be pulled to the property and therefore the services cannot be connected.  The first cable pull is arranged for Tuesday 25th August and the Engineer is arranged a second time for Wednesday 26th August with the pre-install team over the phone

Tuesday 25th August - Cable team do not turn up all day and the cable is not pulled to the property.  No communications is received from Virgin

Wednesday 26th August - Engineer does not show up all day and the cable still hasn't been pulled to the property.  No communications is received from Virgin

Thursday 27th August - Speaking to the pre-install team the second cable pull is rearranged for Friday 28th August.  I also receive a second call to tell me we won't be connected to Virgin till the end of September!

Friday 28th August - No sign of the cable team so far and its 4.30pm on a Friday!

My impression of Virgin media is not great at the moment based on the experience to date.  I would appreciate it someone from the Virgin team would help resolve this situation quickly as my partner and I work from home doing critical work for the NHS.

Regards

Daniel

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No installation after arranging it 3 times

Evening Daniel,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear of the delays with your installation, this isn't the kind of start we'd have wanted for you.

I've popped the area manager over an email to see if he can give me a bit more information on what the delay is, and whether we can get someone round asap.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex, look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Any update from the Area manager please as its been 3 days since you contacted them?

I've not received a single communication from Virgin with reasons for the delays and a timeline of what date the matters are going to be resolved.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Daniel (@vinnyvinson)

We are sorry about any delay in getting a reply. @Alex_RM is currently out of the office this weekend and today; as yet no updates have been added to your account so I have popped my colleague a quick email for her to check on her return tomorrow afternoon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon vinnyvinson,

Hope you're well 🙂

I've not yet had a response from the area manager sorry- I've popped him over another email.

I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Thank you for the update. I'm surprise the Area manager is not more responsive given the poor service to date.

If you have access to the Area managers mobile number could you please try calling them to get a quicker response.

Kind Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon Daniel, 

Came in to a few emails from the area manager.

I believe he's been able to bring the installation forward to the 16th September, and the work needed for the pre pull has been arranged.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Refer Virgin Media to their Automatic Compensation Scheme, Installation date is delayed: 
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

If we don’t install on any confirmed date we’ll automatically credit your first bill by £5 per day until you’re up and running, providing you’re eligible.

and We've missed your appointment:

If we promised to be with you on a particular day and we don’t turn up that day, or cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, we’ll automatically apply a £25 credit to your bill.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Thanks for the update.

According to my Virgin media account yesterday the cable pull installation was booked in for 1st September (yesterday).

Looking at my account again today the cable pull booked for 2nd September (today). It's a moving target. I would just like to know the exact date the cable will be installed. 

Based on the above I'm concerned the services will not be installed on 16th September as previously experienced. The 16th September will come and go with no end in sight. 

Can I get some certainty over these dates as they are a moving object at present?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos