Menu
Wardjtoby30
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No input for isolator cable

Hi Everyone, I moved into my new flat yesterday and had a QuickStart pack delivered, however there is no input for the isolated cable. There is a BT wall socket where I can connect the Hub 3.0 via an Ethernet cable - the WiFi icon is green with a green flashing bar at the bottom. This doesn’t work though, I assume because it’s BT.

There is also a Virgin Media socket in another part of the wall but I think this is for a telephone line only as I cannot connect to it.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and have any advise? I think I need an engineer to come in but I cannot get through to anyone.

Thanks, Toby

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No input for isolator cable

The BT socket to the Hub using ethernet cable will not work.

The Hub needs to be connected to the VM wall socket using the white co-ax cable that came with the Hub.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Wardjtoby30
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

77D31957-7219-4639-9371-6F9D73488430.jpeg

Hi Mike

Thanks for your response. This is the VM wall socket with no coax input.

Toby 

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That just looks like a telephone outlet box, not applicable to a current Virgin connection.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you cannot find a Virgin outlet as shown in the connection guide, then it may be possible the flats are wired internally using a TV outlet panel. These are multiple outlet panels for Freeview & Sky/Freesat. So it may be that you will need an engineer to access the equipment cupboard & do some switching over so that the Sky outlet acts as you Virgin connection. 

The panels are similar to this:

Standard communal antenna outletStandard communal antenna outlet

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos