cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No existing cable can be connected to Hub 3

yathowong
Joining in

I just received the quick start kit and found that I cannot connect to Hub 3 using the existing cables.

Landlord mentioned that there is an existing VM broadband setup.

Right hand side is the existing cable and left hand side is the cable provided from the quick start kit as the image.

IMG_9160.jpeg

IMG_9161.jpeg

Could anyone please what should I do?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get one of these from B&Q  https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

This will allow you to use the Quickstart cable and isolator.  Note the existing VM cable will be screwed, and the newer cable is just a push on fit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get one of these from B&Q  https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

This will allow you to use the Quickstart cable and isolator.  Note the existing VM cable will be screwed, and the newer cable is just a push on fit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I just got one from B&Q and it works perfectly.

Thank you for your kindly help

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi yathowong, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are sorry to hear you were initially unable to complete your installation but glad that it has now been sorted with Adduxi's help. 

If you have any issues with quickstart orders in the future, please do reach out to our team and they will be happy to book in a technician to assist further. 

Thanks,

Nat