Menu
Ladyhypa
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No connection in N15

my connection has more or less gone since Thursday 27th it might go on for a second then it’s gone again and I don’t know what to do. Is there any issues in this area? Does anyone know i can’t see any on the status thing so not sure if it’s just mine.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection in N15

Hello
Thank for joining in on the forum, we will try the best to get your issue resolved.

How are you doing the speedtest is it either wired or wireless, wired is always the best option as wireless can be affected by many different things.

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
aaaaaargh
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI - I'm in N15 and have the same problem, as does at least one other person on my street. Seems very likely there is a local issue but I don't know how to make Virgin aware because telephone support just keep to the reboot, reset script.

My thread is here (no responses yet) https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/North-London-Connection-Dropping-Since-Ye...)

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ladyhypa,

Thanks for your recent post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having connection issues recently.

How have things been since the weekend?

I've just taken a quick look into the account using the details you've registered to forums with and can see you have an engineer appointment booked.

Hopefully this will be able to shed some light on the issues you've been having.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ladyhypa
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for replying but yeah I had an engineer come and it’s fixed a bit but it still drops and I’m supposed to be on the 1gb which I moved on to on March 23rd and I get the worst speeds I’ve reported this so many times I get between Kbps up to maybe 200mbps but that never stays it’s normally a few megabytes only and I really want to downgrade back to my 100mbps I had before but they keep trying to talk me out of it but it’s not fair paying for something I’m not receiving.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Ladyhypa 

Thank you for coming back to us.  I am sorry that you are having some speed issues. 

Are you able to let me know how you are preforming the speed tests? is it via a wired connection. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos